Monday 21 November 2016

Love Trumps Racism

Racism! ...it was like an Achilles heel. I fell for it, in the past. Some white person calls me nigger and they get my undivided attention. Why? Because I held held a grudge against white people.
Of course, I'd been subtly encouraged and conditioned to hold this grudge. How do you ask? Well, through constant humiliation of black people on TV (Yes Oxfam), legal deaths in police custody, the apparent difficulty in pronouncing my African name, while totally able to learn Chinese in 2016. lol. Indeed, the subtle PR and cultural campaign to slander black (and other) people continues (It;s not one sided, everybody does it). Last point, it's not difficult to find a black man in a western country called James Smith but you be hard pressed to find a white man living in Africa going by the name Babatunde Oyelowo. There's just no exchange culture, only resources.
...was it hard to pronounce that African name? :-) <3
Still, with all that said, I was the person holding onto this grudge against white people (among others) except for my mates who were/are all exceptional. <3
Nevertheless but the grace of Love/God, I am not here on Earth with you to take offence. I'm here to love (i.e., unconditionally empathise and forgive) you, even when you refuse to love me.
Why am i saying all this..? Well, Kanye, in the video tells his audience to stop focusing on racism but doesn't tell them what to focus on instead.
All I can tell you is that Love/God is what released me from my grudges fears and replace them with Love. Now where i held grudges, anger, hatred etc for others, I hold love for ALL people.
Before I sought retribution as part of a wider array of life's compensations, but honestly peeps, seeking Love/God is only fulfilling activity I've ever engaged in.... OK and watching someone try to eat a jam-filled-sugar-coated-donut without licking their lips until the donut is finished.
It is what it is.
Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment