Tuesday 6 September 2016

Why I forgive

Allow me to tell you why i forgive.

I have found peace in the concept of forgiveness because, I am by nature an awful person... (ask all my ex-girlfriends - they'll tell you). I am a walking, talking cliche i.e. behind my joyful exterior once lay a lonely, selfish, suspicious, scared individual who/whom rejects people and opportunities constantly. Previously I have rejected the whole world on a daily basis since the moment i understood the concept of death at age 4-5. "Life is meaningless, blah blah..."

The only thing that has ever challenged my negative attitude to life and existence is the idea that (selfish) I can be forgiven for being scornful to my core.

There is no "bad guy" in history worst than myself. With the powers necessary, i'd have been responsible for countless genocides (and all that follows) at differing periods my life. Personally I can judge nobody - for anything - ever - because i know am the boogie man: i am the enemy of life. It's me. Seriously.

There is likely to be other people that share my organic worldview (philosophy), they may be found among our judges, executives, legislators, journalists, next door neighbours and perhaps, just perhaps, voters. I can judge exactly none of them because they are just like me. What i can do however is forgive them as i have been forgiven because i know, forgiveness is the greatest gift someone like (selfish) me desires. As a result i am not afraid of anybody or the future because I already have what i want out of life.

I did not invent the concept of forgiveness nor did i work it out naturally by myself because I am cruel by nature - I know this from experience. I can't take credit for this, I had to learn about forgiveness... That's why i am certain that there is someone out there other than (selfish) me who/whom prepared the this lesson for me, long before i was born, to ensure that i get what i need out of life <3

..and even if the sender of the message is entirely "fictional", i still received the message! It's real. I choose to accept the terms of my forgiveness, which is to turn from my drop my fears and anger, forgive freely (not to be mistaken with condone) and forget the misdeeds of others. That my friend is grace and the reason why i forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment